I found these "secrets" HERE. There are a lot more on the list, but this time I thought I share the first twenty with y'all. What do y'all think? My Southern Belle readers, do you agree with these?
1. hay is for horses
2. i’d rather be nekkid
3. northerners bug you
4. cowboy boots are essential
5. the only reason you go to college is to get your MRS degree
6. it’s tea, not sweet tea. it should always come sweet.
8. a moderately attractive man can become a god if he plays a banjo
9. ain’t no thang but a chicken wang
10. fried chicken, fried pickles, fried shrimp, fried steak, fried ocre, fried crab, fried eggs, fried bananas FRIED EVERYTHING
11. we don’t sweat, we glisten
12. “bless your heart” is the worst curse you can get
13. “sweetie” is not a true term of endearment, but thinly veiled condescension
14. sundresses. all day, everyday.
15. you go to college. you join a sorority. you find a husband. you become a house wife. you have children. children repeat cycle.
16. the higher the hair, the closer you are to heaven
17. we know how to properly use the word “fixin”
18. knowing the family history. we’re southern royalty.
19. dying to be a KA’s date to formal just to wear the dress
20. everyone is your darling
#19 is so true for me! My husband's dad was a KA, and ever since I saw photos from his Old South Ball when I was in high school, while in college, I wanted to date a KA in college...just to get to wear the dress! My mom wore one when she was in college, and my youngest sister (who dated a KA throughout college) wore my mom's old Southern Belle dress to the Old South Ball. Well, needless to say, I married a Sigma Chi, so no Old South Ball for me, but I was the Sigma Chi Sweetheart...still didn't get to wear the Southern Belle dress though...ha!
The winner of the Target $25 gift card giveaway is...
Congratulations! Please contact me at email@example.com by Tuesday at midnight, with your shipping information, so I can get your gift card mailed to you, asap.
As promised, I've got another giveaway for y'all! I know many of you said your favorite item from Groopdealz was the Daisy Bib Necklace. Well, here's your chance to own one...
Like" Groopdealz on Facebook. For an extra entry, share this giveaway. This is a quick giveaway, I'll pick one lucky winner on Wednesday, August 8th! Good luck! This giveaway has ended.
Just a heads up, So Lucky Gifts will re-launch their blog next Monday, the 14th! Cannot wait to see the big reveal. Right now, their blog provides great recipes and other fun random thoughts. I'm sure the re-launch will include this, and so much more! To celebrate, they're giving away a Gourmet S'mores Box, so be sure and check it out, when it is re-launched next week!_______________________________________________________________________________
Did anyone take advantage of the Tax-Free weekend? I got all the girls' back-to-school shoes, stocked up on bows, and placed a few children's boutique orders. I think they'll be set for school, once it starts back on September 4th! I'll share with y'all what I got for them on Fashion Friday, but here's one of my favorites, that they love too...
Hope y'all have a wonderful start to your week! We're off to a friend's pool today.
The dog days of summer have definitely arrived!